Mother’s Day Breakfast for the Family Cooks
Keep Mom out of the kitchen with a Mother’s Day make ahead breakfast! Even for the novice cooks in the house, this is a recipe that can make use of the staples in your kitchen while you stay safer at home. Our thanks to Mindy Drongowski for letting us share her family’s favorite!
Makes 12 Servings
7-8 slices of bread (use what you have/like wheat, bagels, buns)
3 cups milk
salt to taste (about 1 tsp)
pepper to taste (about 1 tsp)
dill to taste (about 1 tbs)
1 small onion minced
1 cup shredded cheese
Optional Add Ins (Think like toppings for a pizza! Use what you have or like)
Raw Veggies – sliced as you would for a pizza
Olives – sliced as you would for a pizza
Tomatoes – sliced as you would for a pizza
Breakfast Meats – sliced as you would for a pizza
Smoked Salmon – shredded into small pieces
- Tear up the bread and layer the pieces in a 13 x 9 glass baking dish.
- In a separate bowl beat together eggs, milk, salt pepper, dill, minced onion.
- Put whatever Add In ingredients you want to use on top of the bread.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread and ingredients.
- Cover the baking dish and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- On Mother’s Day morning -Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Uncover the casserole and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the casserole. Cover the top with shredded cheese and return to oven for 15 more minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.