Coverage for a mobile or manufactured home is similar to standard homeowners’ insurance. It is designed to cover the home’s interior and exterior as well as the contents of your home on land that you own from fire, wind, water and hail events. It does not cover floods.

Like standard homeowners’ insurance, the policy also covers you for liability should a guest (invited or otherwise) be injured on your property or inside the home.

You may also want include special coverage for certain contents in your home such as electronics, jewelry, antiques, silverware, collectibles or china.